Pallet Truck Training
1. The Benefits of Pallet Truck Training
All students are trained to an essential level of skill to work with PPT’s safely, efficiently and with competence.
2. The Different Types of Pallet Trucks
There are various types of pallet trucks, from manual hand pallet trucks and low-level order pickers to ride on powered pallet trucks. In some cases, it is a mixture of the two, with a stand-on platform. The training is identified by different certification categories.
The most common type of pallet truck is the manual hand pallet truck. These trucks are operated by the user manually pushing and pulling the pallet truck to move the load. Manual hand pallet trucks are ideal for lighter loads and shorter distances.
Powered pallet trucks are another common type of pallet truck. These trucks are powered by an electric motor and can be operated with a joystick or other control.
3. The Basics of Pallet Truck Training
First, always use the proper size and type of truck for the load you are moving. Second, be aware of your surroundings and make sure there is a clear path for the truck to travel. Finally, always use the proper lifting and lowering techniques to avoid injury. By following these simple safety tips, you can help prevent accidents and injuries in your workplace.
4. The Importance of Pallet Truck Safety
- Operating a pallet truck is not as difficult as it may seem, but there are still some basic safety procedures that must be followed in order to avoid injury. Here are some tips on how to operate a pallet truck safely and efficiently:
- Before operating the pallet truck, ensure that the area around it is clear of obstacles.
- Inspect the pallet truck for any damage or defects before use.
- Be sure to load the pallet evenly in order to avoid tipping.
- When lifting the pallet, be sure to keep your arms and legs clear of the lifting mechanism.
- Do not attempt to move the pallet truck while someone is standing on the pallet.